Education courses prepare you for lifelong, fulfilling careers in teaching. Teaching is a profession that has silently and solidly grown over the last many years to become the number one choice of career for many young aspirants.
Teaching is one of the most impactful professions that has a profound effect on not only the society in parts but also the nation as a whole. Molding learning minds is not easy job and as such these challenges are being looked forward to by those seeking admission in education colleges in India.
Types of Education Courses
Like all other streams, education courses too can be done at either the Undergraduate (UG) or the Postgraduate (PG) levels.
• Undergraduate degree: B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) – 2 years
• Postgraduate degree: M.Ed (Master of Education) or M.Phil – 2 years
• Doctorate degree: Ph.D. (Education)
• B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) – Minimum of Graduation in any field (50% and up)
• M.Ed (Masters of Education) – Minimum of B.Ed (50% and up)
Education Entrance Exams
Subject to minimum requirements being met, many colleges and universities hold their own entrance examinations for admissions:
• Uttar Pradesh B.Ed. JEE
• IGNOU B.Ed.
• Banaras Hindu University UET
• IPU CET
• Madhya Pradesh Pre B.Ed.
• Bachelor of Education Entrance Test
Similar entrance exams are held for M.Ed. programs by various universities and colleges while other allow for direct entry based on cut-off marks from B.Ed.
Education Branches & Specializations
Various education branches include below:
• B.Ed specializations: Commerce, Computer Science, English, Geography, Mathematics, Physical science & more.
• M.Ed specializations: Educational Technology, Educational Management, Language Education, Teacher Education, Women Studies & more.
Education Courses Benefits
The education sector is vastly untrained, hence trained professionals have massive opportunity to get satisfying job profiles and extremely competitive compensation benefits packages.
Some of the popular job profiles are listed below along with minimum requirements:
• Nursery School Teaching - Minimum qualification of 12th class plus mandatory to undergo the Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) programme.
• Primary School Teaching (1st to 5th classes): Minimum of a graduate (any stream) + B.Ed degree. Alternatively, 12th class + BElEd (Bachelor of Elementary Education) degree.
• Middle School Teaching (6th to 8th classes) - Minimum of graduation along with B.Ed degree
• High School Teaching (9th-12th classes) – Minimum of Post-graduation along with B.Ed degree
• College Teaching – Minimum of Post-graduation or Doctorate from a recognized University body. Additionally, UGC NET & SET exams are to be cleared.
For specific teaching job profiles, teaching aspirants may be required to undergo a teacher eligibility test (TET). This is usually at the state or national level. Common examples are Karnataka SET (KSET), UPTET, Kerala TET (KTET), Central TET (CTET) and more.
Getting into one of the popular education colleges in India and specializing in any of the education branches just seems completely worth it. Just stay abreast of the eligibility for education courses and education entrance exams updates if any. Admission in education colleges in India is easy with the right guidance and direction.
you have set your heart out on joining the education sector, then you are
making a decision the satisfaction of which will last with you for a lifetime.
In today’s time, education related jobs are not only family-friendly but also
pay extremely well so your efforts will find payback very soon. AdmissionLelo
offers free career counselling in New Delhi, India to address any and
all of your questions, with no obligations. We are leading career
counselling experts in India, and we specialize in helping you navigate the
The course curriculum under Teaching to build your
future are mentioned below: